Personal Sound Amplification Products (PSAPs)
- Provide limited audible improvement in quiet
- Increase speech understanding in quiet and non-challenging listening situations
- Limited improvement in noise
There are hundreds of PSAPs currently on the market, ranging in quality and price. For those considering this amplification option, our audiologists recommend the following devices:
- Bose® Hearphones™
- The BEAN®
Hearing Aids & Systems
- Improve ability and comfort in noise and complex listening situations
- Improve speech understanding in noise
- Completely customizable
- Connect with smartphones and other Bluetooth® enabled devices
- Stream music and TV audio
Hearing Aid Manufacturers
Hearing aids are designed for all types of hearing loss, lifestyles and budgets. We work with the following manufacturers to provide you with a custom, first-rate solution for your hearing loss.
Specific product offerings may differ by location. Our Audiologists will make the best recommendation to fit your individual hearing loss. Please inquire for a hearing evaluation.
- Direct stimulation of the inner ear
- Optimizes speech understanding in quiet and noise
Implantable devices work differently than a hearing aid. They are designed for those with profound hearing loss who cannot be helped with a traditional aid. The two most popular devices are:
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aids
- Cochlear Implants
*Midwest does not perform Cochlear Implants, but can refer to someone if that option is best for the patient.